Variation by geographic area
All of the CMA’s main areas registered an increase in sales in April 2015 compared to April 2014:
- The Island of Montréal posted a 19 per cent increase in sales;
- The North Shore, the South Shore, Laval and Vaudreuil-Soulanges registered respective increases of 10, 9, 8 and 2 per cent.
Statistics by property category
- Plexes with 2 to 5 dwellings registered the largest increase in sales (+15 per cent);
- Single-family home sales jumped by 14 per cent;
- Condominium sales rose by 9 per cent.
All property categories registered an increase in April:
- The median price of single-family homes grew by 2 per cent compared to April of last year to reach $289,000;
- The median price of condominiums and plexes both increased by 3 per cent to reach $231,950 and $441,750, respectively.
Number of properties for sale
Although the upward trend continued, to the tune of 4 per cent in April, this was the smallest increase in the number of active listings in more than four years in the Montréal area.