Making Your Dream Home A Reality.
You’ve made the decision. You’re ready to buy. Now what?
Deciding to Buy
To buy a home, you need to be prepared and we are here to help you. Here are a few things to consider:
Define your needs and wants
Make a list of the things you simply can’t live without, like the number of bedrooms and bathrooms your family needs, proximity to schools and work, or storage needs. Then list some nice-to-haves: maybe a pool or deck, finished basement or mud room. This will help you further down the road when you start looking at homes.
Brush up on types of home ownership
Make sure you know the difference between a divided co-ownership condo (you take care of the inside and pay fees to an association to look after the common areas and maintenance) and undivided (similar to condos but instead of “owning” your unit, you buy shares in the whole building and pay maintenance and repair fees).
Understand market conditions
Supply and demand can change from neighbourhood to neighbourhood, region to region. So, getting to know the market can help you get more bang for your buck. And so can your Real Estate agent.
Choosing a broker above the crowd
Buying a home is personal and emotional. So the relationship with your real estate broker has to be built on expertise, trust and mutual respect. After all, I will be acting as your eyes, ears and voice throughout the process. I have a fiduciary duty to act in your best interests, to be completely transparent and accountable to you. Some of my responsibilities include:
- Educate you about the current market conditions
- Discuss and analyze your wants and needs against your budget
- Guide you to homes that fit your criteria
- Coordinate the work of other professionals you’ll need during the process
- Negotiate with the seller on your behalf
- Make sure all the required paperwork is fully completed, accurate and that deadlines are met
- Work with you to resolve any challenges that may arise
There is a lot more that is involved in this process. I am only a phone call away to answer your questions. Marlene 514-994-4706